This webinar, organised by the International Institute for Environment and Development, will discuss the importance of women in the seafood industry, the impact of challenges such as COVID-19 and climate change on women, and how gender equality can be championed in the path to sustainable blue recovery.
- Editrudith Lukanga, co-founder and executive director of Environmental Management and Economic Development Organization (EMEDO)
- Kyoko Kusakabe, professor of Gender and Development Studies at the Department of Development and Sustainability, School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand
- Madeleine Gustavsson, researcher at Ruralis based in Trondheim, Norway
- Bertha del Carmen Martínez Villalobos, business entrepreneur with expertise in product development and marketing, research, and finance
- Christina Pita (moderator), principal researcher and team leader in IIED's Shaping Sustainable Markets research group
The webinar will be held on Monday, 8 March 2021, 15:00-16:00 GMT. Read more and register here.