Farmwel chief executive ffinlo Costain has launched a new podcast, Farm Gate, which focuses on practical solutions for climate and food security. The topics covered are relevant for everyone who eats food, but particularly intended for farmers, food chain professionals, and policy-makers. The FCRN’s Tara Garnett was interviewed in the episode Is 'vegan' a dirty word?
The launch episodes include:
- Ruminant methane, global warming and GWP* - interviews with Professor Myles Allen & Dr John Lynch (University of Oxford), and Roland Bonney (FAI Farms)
- Is 'vegan' a dirty word? - interviews with Tara Garnett (FCRN) and Caroline Grindrod (regenerative hill farmer), based on Tara Garnett’s FCRN blog post Has veganism become a dirty word?
- Sustainable monoculture? - long form interview with Leontino Balbo (sugar producer in Brazil)
- Farm vets and food sustainability - interviews with Simon Doherty (BVA), and Laura Higham (Vet Sustain)
- Discussion - Vets & sustainability - featuring Gudrun Ravetz (BVA and Laura Higham (Vet Sustain)
More episodes will follow on a roughly weekly basis.
Listen to the podcasts on Spotify here or on Apple Podcasts here. See also the Foodsource building block Agricultural methane and its role as a greenhouse gas.