The UK government has released the first batch of its technical notices to advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the hypothetical scenario of the UK leaving the EU without a deal. The notices include some topics of relevance to the food system.
FCRN readers may be particularly interested in the following briefings:
- Farm payments if there’s no Brexit deal
- Receiving rural development funding if there’s no Brexit deal
- Trading with the EU if there's no Brexit deal
- Developing genetically modified organisms (GMOs) if there’s no Brexit deal
- Producing and processing organic food if there's no Brexit deal
Sustain, commenting on the technical notices (see here), said, “The Government's 'no deal' technical papers do little to soften our conclusion that a 'no deal' Brexit would be an unacceptable and damaging outcome for British farmers, food businesses, consumers and the environment.”
You can follow commentary on Twitter using the #NoDealBrexit hashtag.
Find the full collection of technical notices here. See also the Foodsource building block What is food security?
04 Sep 2018
Post a new comment »