A number of media articles have raised concerns about the potential food security impacts of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, not only for Ukraine but for other countries that rely on food exports. We have put together a round-up of relevant news articles.
- Financial Times: Russia’s war on Ukraine threatens a global food security crisis
- Food Navigator: Ukraine war detonates EU food security debate, but will sustainability be collateral damage?
- Sky News: Ukraine war: Are we on the brink of a global food security crisis?
- FAO: The Republic of Moldova bans wheat and maize exports
- The Breakthrough Institute: A Russia-Ukraine War Could Ripple Across Africa and Asia
- International Food Policy Research Institute: How will Russia’s invasion of Ukraine affect global food security?
- Food Research Collaboration: Food Defence: a prime duty of the State which needs a push from below
- Euractiv: Germany stands against questioning food green goals amid Ukraine war
- The Independent: Committee set up to examine impact of Ukraine invasion on Irish food security
- World Food Programme: WFP ramps up food operation for Ukraine and warns the world's hungry cannot afford another conflict
See also the TABLE explainer What is food security?
11 Mar 2022
11 Mar 2022
Post a new comment »