The IFST, a UK-based body for food professionals in Europe, has commissioned a report aimed at identifying areas of future work which they feel would be of most use to their members. The report focuses on food sustainability, technology and evidence-based practice.
Recommendations for broad activity areas are made under each of these themes:
- Resource risks and pressures
- Healthy sustainable diets
- Circular economy and sustainable manufacturing
- Novel production systems and ingredients
- Decent work and equitable trade
- Transparency, traceability and trust
To access the full report, see here.