The Global Partnership on Forest and Landscape Restoration’s report “Restoring forests and landscapes: the key to a sustainable future” presents case studies of the successful restoration of landscapes that have been affected by deforestation and land degradation.
Case studies include:
- Planting trees next to rivers in Brazil and putting up fences to prevent cattle from trampling the vegetation and polluting the water.
- Raising trees in fenced plots in Burkina Faso.
- Land terracing and community forestry in Nepal.
- Building dams, reforesting hilltops and developing agroforestry in China.
- Clearing unwanted vegetation to restore forests in the United States.