EIT Food’s Day in the Life series raises awareness of specific jobs within food and farming, to encourage young people to consider a career in the industry. So far, EIT Food has worked with food processors such as ABP UK, food waste startups such as Mimica and nutritionists and farmers alike. The series has gained over 10,000 views across YouTube alone. EIT Food is currently recruiting speakers for the next series and is looking to profile jobs such as food buyers, retailers, sustainability officers, packaging designers and a new product development manager.
Explore the series here.
The purpose of the series
- The predicted labour shortage in the agri-food industry by 2030 coupled with the lack of careers information that young people receive about food and farming roles has driven the development of this series.
- EIT Food want to raise awareness of the range of exciting jobs on offer throughout the food value chain, from farm-to-fork.
- EIT Food particularly want to inform young people about the STEM-related careers available in agri-food, as the need for technical skills and innovation in food and farming is rising.
The success of the series so far
- EIT Food’s ‘Day in the Life’ series has gained over 10,000 views across EIT Food’s YouTube channel
- The videos have been used as learning resources across education and careers events
- The series has also been promoted on New Scientist.com, where we have published an article to promote each job role on their career’s advice page. The top performing article has achieved 2,800 unique page views.
- Feedback from previous participants in the series has been overwhelmingly positive and viewers have commented to say the series is inspiring and engaging.
- To participate in the series would require a half-day to 1 full day of filming at your work premises.
- The filming would involve a short interview where you would discuss a typical day in your role. You will also explain how viewers could get started in a career in your job.
- EIT Food can provide copies of the raw footage collected to be used for your own purposes.
- EIT Food can provide a version of the videos with your logo displayed .
- For each job EIT Food produces 2 videos to target different audiences – both primary school students and college students.
The playlist for the videos targeting young adults can be found here.
The playlist for the young children audience can be found here.
If you would like to take part in the series please contact Laura Elphick, Communications Officer at EIT Food: email@example.com. The deadline to apply is 28 October 2022. Four slots are available.