Advertiser's description (via Biodynamic Agricultural College):
About the Biodynamic Agricultural College
The Biodynamic Agricultural College (BDAC) is a charity that trains and nurtures the next generation of agroecological farmers and growers. We value and support each learner’s individual creativity, exploration and learning.
For more than twenty years BDAC has provided education via seminars, full-time and fully certified work-based training placements and online.
We are seeking a new marketing and online learning coordinator to market, administer and develop our online training. In recent years we have updated to a modern, user-friendly platform allowing us to streamline the promotion, sale and delivery of our online courses. We’re now entering an exciting new phase of optimising the potential of this new online learning platform. We are looking for someone to join our small team who will lead on designing and implementing a new marketing strategy for our online offerings. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining and improving the online platform with an eye to improving student experience and increasing course enrolment. There will also be some administrative support to instructors and learners and a smaller amount of marketing work for our well-established work-based diploma.
We’ve expanded our online offerings in the last couple years with the successful ‘Introduction to Biodynamic Viticulture’ and several shorter courses drawing from our work-based curriculum. As online coordinator you’ll take this development further by identifying and commissioning new course offerings that align with our mission and ensuring all courses are the highest quality.
You’ll be part of a small team that runs the work-based training and online learning and support each other where needed. We also have a board of trustees who provide strategic direction, oversight and other support when appropriate.
- Experience in developing, creating and/or marketing online education or willingness to develop expertise
- Experience in design and management of cohesive visual content campaigns for social media, website, print advertisements, fliers, etc.
- Basic website design and management skills (Wordpress and Thinkific)
- Proficiency with design software (e.g. Canva)
- Copy writing for diverse audiences on social media, web and advertisement/sales material
- Familiarity with biodynamic or other agroecological methods is an advantage, but a curiosity and openness to learn about these topics is essential
- Communication and customer service skills
- Able to work independently but also to take a collaborative approach
- Well organised and flexible working
- Hours: 1 day per week (8 hours) with possibility to expand in future if funding and/or course development allows
- Location: UK based, work remotely
- Working days: The hours can be distributed over the working week as suits. However, some availability is needed to check and respond to emails and other enquiries in a timely manner throughout the week. This role requires availability for occasional workday, evening and weekend meetings.
- Remuneration: £15-20/hour based on existing expertise
- Closing Date for applications: 20 November 2023
- Start date: ASAP
To apply, please send a (max) 2 page cover letter, CV and two references to email@example.com