Advertisement (via the Food Foundation)
The Food Foundation is holding the latest in a series of webinars on Food Justice in partnership with Milan Urban Food Policy Pact (MUFPP) and Birmingham City Council.
Our second event, Embedding food justice in urban food strategies and activism: Perspective from Americas, will bring together regional experts and representatives from MUFPP cities, and focus on North and South American approaches, experiences and practices for achieving food justice.
It will take place on Wednesday February 14 from 3.00-4.30 GMT (check your time zone here).
You can register for free here:
- Taylor LaFave, Chief of Food Policy and Planning, City of Baltimore, USA
- Karen Washington, Political activist and community organizer fighting for food justice, New York City, USA
- Silvani Silva, Food Security Coordinator, City of Araraquara, Brazil
- Elisabetta Recine, President of the Council for Food and Nutrition Security of Brazil
- Valarie Blue Bird Jernigan, Executive Director at Centre for Indigenous Health Research and Policy at Oklahoma State University Centre
The webinar will be facilitated by Stuart Gillespie, Non-Resident Senior Fellow at International Food Policy Research Institute and Leticija Petrovic, Local Food Policy Lead at the Food Foundation.
This exciting learning opportunity builds on the Global Food Justice Pledge, launched at the 2021 MUFPP Global Forum in Barcelona.
In October 2023, Birmingham City Council launched the Food Justice Toolkit, a suite of resources comprising examples of strategies, policies and interventions that have been implemented worldwide to tackle issues of food injustice and further embed the principles of food justice in their plans for urban food system transformation.